Friday, January 18, 2008

Skype Blues

I installed Skype on my home PC yesterday and yet more horrors awaited me, as in a previous post, why oh why do software vendors do these things.

Every time I start IE7 I get a Skype Help page in a new IE tab telling me about the IE add-on, come on Skype what the hell are you doing, I don't want this, I don't need this, you are a disgrace, lucky being somewhat of a PC expert I managed to disable said Help screen, but what about Average Joe out there with this bloody annoying pop-up every single time IE starts.

Talking of Skype though, whilst it is still the best... when it works... it appears to be becoming increasing bad in terms of sounds quality, and many re-dials are needed, I guess we can put this down to increased usage of Skype, but its funny that it started happening once eBay purchased Skype, maybe there is a link.

I remember when eBay purchased Skype, I said at the time it was a stupid move, I have no idea what they were thinking, the reason eBay is so good is that it's faceless and efficient, did eBay think people would be happy to spend all the there talking to one disgruntled client instead of looking after all their other clients... nope... eBay needs to start understanding their clients or they will become second fiddle to another auction house... it can happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home