Thursday, December 06, 2007

Samsung U600 Mobile Phone

Its been a while since I have ranted, its something I need to put right, so here is the first of many posts.

I have had this mobile phone for a while now and there are some features which are driving me mad, how anybody could design a phone with these features is beyond me.
  1. It has a stupid touch sensitive Start and End buttons which you are forever hitting by mistake, what's wrong with normal buttons you press
  2. When you set the alarm it defaults to the current time.... who the hell would want to set and alarm for NOW !!!, why can't it just remember the last time I set the alarm
  3. If you make an appointment and you forget to set the alarm you cannot edit the appointment and put an alarm on, deleting and reentry is the only way
  4. When you set an alarm on an appointment it puts the Alarm set symbol on the phone, therefore if the appointment if 2 months away I have the alarm set icon permanently on, which means I cannot tell if I have set a real wake me up alarm.
  5. If you have more than one number on a contact you cannot set a default number to call
  6. Text messaging is a nightmare, the End button is actually the Back button when entering text and the button labeled Back (one of the horrible touch sensitive buttons) is the End button which cancels the entry, and also if you hit End by mistake is asks you if you want to save it to drafts or exit, there is no way to cancel the End
  7. When the battery is running out it plays a stupid tune every minute, just to make sure the battery run out even quicker
  8. It has no Ring Ring as an incoming call alert, I am old, I don't want a stupid piece of music
  9. When navigating around the phone it plays a stupid noise, the only way to stop the stupid noise is to turn off all sounds apart from incoming music

I could go on, the people who designed and wrote the software need shooting, the phone itself is lovely (apart from those annoying touch sensitive buttons), its just a shame the software designers were not as good as the hardware people.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got an iPhone and its ace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home