Wednesday, August 30, 2006

School Traffic

I went out early this morning and thought how lovely it was with so little traffic on the roads. I think we all know that during school holidays rush hour traffic is now where near as bad as when kids are in school. I believe there are 2 main reasons for this 1. parents taking time off work and 2. kids are not being driven all across the town, and this is the part that really annoys me.

Children should be forced to go to the nearest school to where they live, we should not allow kids to go to another other school, if a parent wants their child to go to a "better" school then move house, let me point out that I have 1 child and 1 on the way (god help me !), my kids will go to the nearest school, I do not have double standards here. The government are really backwards on this, they say choice is good, but cars are bad, do they realise how much traffic is created by allowing kids to go all the way across town, driven in Harrogate (like Chelsea) in big 4x4's, this situation is stupid, do they understand how much congestion and pollution is created by these useless trips.

Kids should automatically have a place in the nearest school and should be forced to use it, make this so and stop all the nonsense trips now.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said. point taken

 

Post a Comment

<< Home