Friday, April 20, 2007

Call Centre Phone Calls

It's been a while since my last post so I thought it was about time I sorted myself out.

I took a call today from BT, this guy said it was BT and that he needed to talk to me about my last bill, so I said OK.

At this point he came out with the usually crap of data protection and started asking me some questions, at which point I stopped him and said hang-on, you prove to me who you re first, he started to get irate and kept saying he was from BT and I said how the hell do I know that, which he replied by saying, tell me the information I am asking you and I can then tell you details about your account, ummm I thought, so I tell you information about me first and then you will confirm back to me who I am..... no thanks good bye.

This brings out an interesting point, why should we trust these callers, how do I know it was BT, the fact is we don't and it could easily be somebody trying to get information out of me, my advice, never take unsolicited calls like this, call centres need to come up with some way that proves who they are just like we need to prove who we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home