Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Keyboards

Now I am a computer professional (sounds a bit grand does that!), and I can type faster than I can write, I have been using keyboards for over 20 years and there is one thing that pisses me off, manufactures that constantly play around with the position of the keys... STOP IT

Clearly I don’t mean the standard QWERTY layout, but the other keys and also shapes of the keyboard.

Why make the left shift so small you can never hit it, why make the delete button so small you cannot hit it, why make the Enter Key only one key high instead of 2, why put other keys in the left control key position (this control key and the left shift key are used loads by keyboard short-cuts by the way), why curve the complete keyboard, why move the insert, Home, Page Up & Down) keys to be vertical, why make the function keys touch sensitive...... I could go on and on and on

The keyboard has a very basic function, the original designers knew that the keys we use the most should be big, so stop mucking around with them and leave them the way they were originally designed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home