Monday, December 11, 2006

Microsoft Vista

I have been running the full monty release of Vista for the past week, and after so many years of being in IT I should now better, but I didn't.

Firstly let me tell you, it should be called "Error" and not "Vista" as that's all I seem to get, of course the error messages are very nicely written, but they are still errors and they still stop me working.

What really pisses me off is the Vista compatibility program that I ran before hand, which said my PC was perfectly fine with everything it ran, what a complete loads of bollocks, just minor (no major) issues, such as my PDA won't sync, as it has Pocket PC 2002 on it and Vista only works with Pocket PC 2003 and you can't install ActiveSync either a Vista won't let you. At least twice a day the network just hangs and I have to reboot the PC, every time you try to do something, the screen goes blank and it asks if its OK to run this program or that program, its not saying don't run it as it might be a virus, it just wants to make sure I really intended to run it, well of course I did, I selected the bloody thing. I could go on, Zip which won't unzip anything, large files that just won't copy from one machine to Vista..... but I'll stop here as you will bored very quickly.

Now its not all bad, the interface is fantastic, the search is brilliant and overall one day it will be a good operating system, my advice, wait for service pack 1, you will need it.

3 Comments:

At 10:17 pm, Blogger Phil said...

Sounds like user error to me :)

 
At 10:18 pm, Blogger Phil said...

Sounds like user error to me :)

 
At 10:18 pm, Blogger Phil said...

Sounds like user error to me :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home